Monday, November 5, 2007

Conky

I kept on seeing screenshots of what appeared to be a read out of whats going on with the sytem so I looked it up, seems the program is called conky which turned out to be a system monitor similar to gKrellm but in my opinion better.

I installed it ( sudo apt-get install conky) and searched on Ubuntuforums to see what other people have done.

I made my own .conkyrc file based on the ones in the thread.

* Note: If you are running 7.04 or below you will need to manually add the no flicker fix to keep conky from disappearing when it updates.

Sudo gedit /etc/X11/xorg.conf
> Under section "module" Add > Load "dbe"

To finish up this install if you would like conky to start when Gnome starts you will have to add it to the start up list.
Goto System >Preferrences>Sessions then add the custom command "conky" then you are done. to restart X Crtl+Alt+Backspace.

No comments:

Ubuntu Forums

GNOME-Look.org Content

DistroWatch.com: News